The CRC 1114 supports the “I, Scientist” conference on gender, career paths and networking that is taking place from 12 to 14 May 2017 at Freie Universität Berlin.
The conference aims to increase the visibility of female role models in the natural sciences and mathematics, to introduce young researchers to a variety of career options, and to raise awareness of unconscious gender-based biases. The conference is designed by and for students and young researchers in the natural sciences and mathematics.
Participation in the main conference is free for members of the CRC 1114. Fees for satellite workshops on 11 May may be reimbursed upon application. All genders are welcome to take part in the main conference. Most workshops, however, are open to women only.
Some highlights of I, Scientist 2017:
- Inspiring talks by successful female natural scientists and mathematicians representing a variety of different career paths
- Specialist talks and panel discussions about the still persisting gender inequalities and biases
- Led group discussions and meet-ups among the participants
- Women Networking Dinner with the speakers (participation limited to 80 women - first come, first served)
- Soft skills workshops on 11 May (participation limited to 15 people per workshop - first come, first served)
- "Women in Science" Slam on 11 May
Registration website: https://iscientist.sciencesconf.org/